From London to Paris: In the Footsteps of Ernie Pyle
In 2008, the School of Journalism introduced a semester-long course on the life and times of Ernie Pyle. At the begining of the semester, students study the life and writings of Ernie Pyle, and during Spring Break the class travels to Europe to follow in the footsteps of the famous correspondent.
The week in Europe includes travel to London, Normandy and Paris. Students visit sites such as the Imperial War Museum, the H.M.S. Belfast, the Cabinet War Rooms, historic Omaha and Utah beaches, and Mont-Saint-Michel Cathedral.
- Read reports from the 2015 trip.
- Read reports from the 2014 trip.
- Read reports from the 2013 trip.
- Read reports from the 2012 trip.
- Read reports from the 2011 trip.
- Read reports from the 2010 trip.
- Read the blog and student columns from the 2009 trip.
- Read the blog and student columns from the 2008 trip.